We understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;
means this website, thepower.io;
"UK and EU Privacy and Cookie Law"
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
means Decentralized Technologies OÜ, a company registered in Estonia, Tallinn, Lasnamäe 4c-11, 11412, Reg. Code 14502188
Information About Us
1. Our Site, is owned and operated by Decentralized Technologies OÜ, a company registered in Estonia, Tallinn, Lasnamäe 4c-11, 11412, Reg. Code 14502188, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
1. What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it, for example, when signing up for an Account. Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following data:
• contact information such as email addresses;
• web browser type and version (automatically collected);
• a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
2. How Do We Use Your Data?
1. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016. For more details on security see section 6, below.
2. We use your data to provide the best possible services to you. This includes:
• Providing and managing your Account;
• Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
• Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
• Supplying Our services to you;
• Personalising and tailoring Our services for you;
• Responding to communications from you;
• Supplying you with email newsletters and alerts that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the email or alert you received.
• Market research;
• Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
3. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015, and General Data Protection Regulation.
4. Advertisers whose content appears on Our Site may engage in what is known as "behavioural advertising" – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below in section 12. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser's privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Site.
5. We takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
6. The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by us. The updated list of these parties may be requested from us at any time.
7. We may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
• Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing ("opt-out"), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
• provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are the subject;
• processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Power_ecosystem;
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
8. In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
3. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
1. We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
2. Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area ("the EEA") (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
3. Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
4. Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
5. The Data is processed at Power_ecosystem operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
6. Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can inquire us using the information provided in the contact section.
7. Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Power_ecosystem to safeguard their Data.
8. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by inquiring us using the information provided in the contact section.
9. Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
10.Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between Power_ecosystem and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
11.Personal Data collected for the purposes of Power_ecosystem legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Power_ecosystem by contacting us.
12.Power_ecosystem may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Power_ecosystem may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
13.Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
4. Do We Share Your Data?
1. We may share your data with other companies in Our group. This includes Our subsidiaries.
2. We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
3. We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
4. In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
5. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
2. In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
6. How Can You Control Your Data?
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
1. Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
2. Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
3. Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
4. Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
5. Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
6. Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
7. Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
8. Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
9. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails).
10. Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in Power_ecosystem or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Power_ecosystem, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection. Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Power_ecosystem is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
11.Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to us through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as early as possible and always within one month.
7. Your Right to Withhold Information
1. You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
8. How Can You Access Your Data?
1. You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com.
9. Children's access
1. Our products and Services are intended to be used by adults, as defined under any applicable law in each specific case. If you are under 18 years old, you are not authorised to use our Products and Services. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Products and Services or send any Information about yourself to us. If we discover that we have collected Information from a child under age 18, we will delete that Information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
2. By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for advertising services. For more details, please refer to section 5, above, and to section 12.6 below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site.
3. All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
4. Before any Cookies are placed on your computer or device, subject to section 12.5and/orsection 12.8, you will be shown a pop-up message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first party Cookies and block third party Cookies.
5. Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be "strictly necessary". These Cookies are shown below in section 12.6. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser's settings as detailed below in section 12.10, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
6. The following Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Type of Cookie
Site Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Anonymous Analytics Cookies
Every time someone visits our website, software provided by another organisation generates an 'anonymous analytics cookie'. These cookies can tell us whether or not you have visited the site before. Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies and, if you don't, we generate new ones. This allows us to track how many individual users we have, and how often they visit the site. Unless you are signed in to Our site, we cannot use these cookies to identify individuals. We use them to gather statistics, for example, the number of visits to a page. If you are logged in, we will also know the details you gave to us for this, such as your username and email address.
These cookies are used by software which tries to work out what country you are in from the information supplied by your browser when you click on a web page. This cookie is completely anonymous and we use it in order to better understand where our users are.
When you register with Our Site, we generate cookies that let us know whether you are signed in or not. Our servers use these cookies to work out which account you are signed in with. If you have not selected 'keep me signed in', your cookies get deleted when you either close your browser or shut down your computer. While you are signed in, we combine information from your registration cookies with analytics cookies, which we could use to identify which pages you have seen on the website.
1. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
2. The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
3. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
4. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
5. It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
11. Contacting Us
13. Additional information about Data collection and processing
1. The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services.
2. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
4. For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third- party services may collectfiles that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
5. More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.